Get the critical information you need to help your business survive and grow by taking advantage of Business Information for Growth (BIG). This data-mining service provides Iowa and Illinois business owners, entrepreneurs and students access to highly-sophisticated business and economic information from online databases.
How does BIG work?
Let’s say you want to find information on businesses that are located in a particular market that offer a specific product or service. Or you want to expand into new markets and need a targeted list of potential contacts. The BIG databases would be a great place to start to find this information, and much more. Access to proprietary databases like these is often cost-prohibitive for many businesses.
DavenportOne NewVentures staff can conduct the research for a minimal fee or businesses can use the databases on their own at no charge. A brief training session is required to learn how to use the following databases:
- Reference USA – Provides vital company information and statistics on over 14 million U.S. companies. Available through a partnership with the Davenport Public Library.
- Hoovers Plus – Provides vital company information and statistics for 23 million companies, including public, non-public and international businesses in the United States, Canada and around the world.
- Plunkett Research – Provides industry sector analysis and research, industry trends and industry statistics.
- Acculeads – Provides contact information and demographic statistics on more than 18 million businesses and 136 million households.
- Demographics Now – Provides comprehensive data on population, income, consumer expenditures and much more using historic, current and projected U.S. Census figures, including 2008 estimates and 2013 projections. Database can create custom reports and maps using thousands of variables tailored to specific geographic regions.
DavenportOne has compiled the most current information on population, income, housing, business and demographics for Davenport, Iowa and the Quad-City metro area using the BIG service. Click here for details.
To learn more about the advantages of BIG or to schedule an appointment, call (563) 327-0160. BIG is made available through a partnership between DavenportOne’s NewVentures Initiative and the Eastern Iowa Community College District.